Tron

Friday, December 17, 2010 by AA


I watched Tron Legacy today and sadly, it sucked! I mean the whole visual effects and art direction was superb, but it all felt like a long beautiful light show. The story was lacking and was just meh. Half way through the movie i felt disappointed bcause the storyline could not hold my interest.

Amongst the memorable sci-fi films i've watched in these couple of years, District 9 was really good and memorable, Inception was almost memorable, Transformers (the first one) was nice, Revenge of the Fallen was okay, Skyline was utter shite, and Tron sits in between.

The director also stole ideas from other sci-fi greats, and you can see the old guy resembles a Jedi sometimes (verry verry obvious), wears a Jedi robe like Obi Wan, and have Jedi powers like force push and force pull. He can also do Jedi mind tricks. WTF. You just have to watch the movie to believe me.

I guess i can say that the visuals kind of make up for the weak storyline, bcause it was really gorgeous. The lights. The suit. The light cycle. Awesome. Olivia Wilde looks good too. And what I loved most about this movie was the music from Daft Punk. The scene in the futuristic bar. You just have to hear the music they play.


This song might just be the best thing about Tron Legacy.


Posted in | 0 Comments »

0 comments:

Post a Comment